The time is right to prioritize Accessibility
As user experience specialists, we have acquired extensive expertise from our work for major brands and online retailers. We also have been working on web accessibility since 2002 for clients such as Aktion Mensch, the Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (German Federal Center for Health Education), and the AOK. We increasingly want to bring this expertise to bear for private-sector companies as well.
Accessibility will become mandatory soon
Since the advent of the European Directive 2016/2102, public bodies must ensure the accessibility of their digital offerings in accordance with BITV 2.0. With the European Accessibility Act and its national legal implementation, these requirements will be extended to many private sector services from 2025. Violations can be fined up to 100,000 Euros.
Financial services for consumers
Retail / Online Shops
Self-service Terminals for Ticketing, Check-in, etc.
Websites and apps for passenger transportation services or travel information
The Basics – what is digital Accessibility?
Accessibility means that all people can use digital offerings, regardless of their physical and mental abilities. This includes websites, mobile apps, self-service terminals, Smart TVs, eBooks, and much more.
Of course, accessibility is particularly important for people with permanent disabilities. However, it should also be considered that all people are temporarily or permanently limited in certain respects. That is why everyone can benefit from accessible services:
20 years of experience for your project
- Offer workshops to increase awareness and coach your teams
- Audit your offerings according to BITV 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- Derive actionable recommendations, develop guidelines and checklists
- Prepare and conduct usability tests with people with and without disabilities
- Check and optimize PDF documents with regard to accessibility
- Create content in easy-to-understand language and in German sign language